Today I have some great blogging tips to share with you. They were compiled by the lovely Steph who writes at Steph’s Two Girls and who attended Britmums Live (a two-day blogging conference held in London). Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to attend as it coincided with a lot of family birthdays that I really could not miss (my husband and daughter who share the same birthday would you believe).
Anyhow, though I missed the event I did enjoy following the event on twitter and reading the follow up posts. One of the posts that most caught my eye was from Steph who had attended a session on blogging and compiled a list of blogging tips. With her permission, I am really pleased to be able to share that advice with you as I feel there is something in it for everyone.
- Back it up!
- Make people laugh or cry to get your post shared
- Have a reason for the blog to exist
- Have good content
- Grammar and spelling are very important
- Be truthful to yourself
- Be consistent
- Be confident about your own blog and your own voice
- Don’t care about the divas
- Blog design is important
- Be generous – help and encourage other bloggers
- Evoke reactions – create discussion
- Don’t be a groupie!
- Accept not everyone is walking in the same direction
- Be an individual
- Think ‘I Can Do This’
- Stay true to yourself
- Have conviction
- Realise everyone is different
- Appreciate it’s not all about trail-blazing
- Widen your network (social media/non-parent bloggers)
- Inspire people
- Be passionate
- Build community by showing personality
- Use good photos
- Mix it up a little and let it grow.
As Steph writes, it’s sometimes difficult to find the time to think about what we should be doing blogging-wise so its great to be able to have a written list like this to refer to. So a big thankyou to Steph to bringing that advice together; I’ll certainly be dipping into it from time to time.
If you would like to read Steph’s post in full then please click here.