Some good news …. at last!

I’ve just been told that my daughter will be assessed for a statement of SEN.  For those of you unfamiliar with the process, this means an assessment will be made of my daughter’s needs and the type of support she needs in school.  After the assessment the authority will then decide whether to issue a statement of SEN or not.

I heard about the decision from the Educational Psychologist who rang to tell me the news as soon as he heard the authority’s decision.  I couldn’t believe it at first because I was convinced we would be rejected.  I haven’t had it confirmed in writing yet but it seems that the local authority agreed for the psychologist to pass the news on to me verbally, as soon as the decision was made.  Even more positively they have agreed that because she is out of school that the home tutoring services, that are currently supporting my son, will also support my daughter.

It is a positive step forward and eases some of the emotional stress from my shoulders though I am aware we still have huge hurdles ahead of us.

And with that news I’m going to rest a little this Easter and enjoy being with my children and husband.

Happy Easter Holidays everyone. xx

This entry was posted in Girls with aspergers, School, Special Educational Needs and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Some good news …. at last!

Hi all,

Thanks for all your lovely comments. It’s such a relief that my daughter will be getting some support now; it eases the stress at a lot. Have a happy Easter holiday everyone.

Deb xx

woo hoo! V pleased for you. At least things are moving on. Hope you can take a rest from all the battling. Happy Easter x

3. Huge congratulations! I hope their common sense continues when it comes to the assessment itself :o )

4. Theramblingpages says:

That is brilliant news and must be a real relief for you. Enjoy your Easter xx

5. Whew! Congratulations! Enjoy your Easter.

6. JuliesMum says:

Great news Deb – especially about the home tutoring as this is a some practical support at last. I’ll keep my fingers crossed about the statement.

YAY!!!! What a good way to start the holiday weekend!

8. Blue sky says:

So happy that you got some really positive good news, especially as it’s a great start to the long weekend :) Happy Easter!

9. Charlotte says:

What a fantastic step in the right direction this is for your family, let’s hope this is the sign of things to come. Happy Easter to you all x x x