I have been tagged by Gemma at Hello its Gemma to answer 10 questions on the theme of ‘I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here’ a television show that is currently hitting our television screens over in the UK.
For those of you unfamiliar with I’m a Celebrity, it is a reality game show in which a number of has-been celebrities (ie ones that you haven’t seen for 20 years) spend a few weeks in the Australian jungle. Bareft of luxuries the contestants have to undertake various ‘animal-related’ challenges that are designed to test their psychological responses. Unmissable TV.
The meme originated from Kate on Thin Ice and the rules are quite simple
1) Answer the 10 questions and consider the mission.
2) Tag a blogger or two or more to do the same 3) Come back to my original blog post and tell me you have done the questions and answers.
1. What one thing about being a parent makes you scream “Get me out of here!”
Just one thing? Well that’s a hard task but I guess the one thing that drives me nuts at the moment is when I have lovingly cooked a dinner and no-one will eat it. I know sensory issues and autism is a lot to do with it but even so sometimes I feel like screaming, get me out of here, or more specifically get me out of the wretched kitchen.
2.What skills, if any, do you have that would be useful in the jungle?
I can cook and sew. I am also quite good in an emergency; I have a cool head and just get on with things (emotions kick in later though).
3. How are you likely to annoy people if you were stuck with them for 3 weeks?
Talking too much.
4. What is the worst thing you have ever eaten?
A meal in Paris that made me violently ill afterwards. I then had to travel back home via train, ferry and coach. How I got back in one piece, I do not know.
5. What luxury item would you take into the jungle with you?
Nail scissors so I could discretely remove that odd hair that keeps springing up on my chin. I mean, the TV cameras would have a field day zooming in on this stray hair.
6. What is the most daring thing you have ever done?
Crossing a footbridge over the busy dual carriageway that circles Coventry. Seriously, I can’t cope very well crossing a footbridge over a busy road; the movement of the cars under my feet makes me feel ill and unsteady.
7. Who would you miss most if you went into the jungle with a bunch of strangers?
My children of course.
8. What celebrity alive or dead would you like to have with you in the jungle?
Someone with a great sense of humour but I can’t think who at the moment.
9. What would scare you about being in the jungle?
Things dropping into my mouth while I’m asleep.
10. After leaving the jungle, you go to a luxury hotel. What would be the first thing you did on reaching your hotel?
I would eat the contents of the fridge under the glare of the TV cameras then I would throw them out and enjoy a hot bath with lots of bubbles whilst sipping champagne and talking to my husband.
11th mission should you choose to accept it is to tell us why the person who tagged you is a star.
Gemma at Hello Its Gemma is a star because she writes a great blog that is really engaging. I particularly love her Day Zero Project.
This post is day 23 of the nablopomo challenge where I have to submit a blogpost every day in the month of November.