I have received The Versatile Blogger award from one of my favourite bloggers, The Rambling Pages. I have been following Rambling Pages for many months now and really enjoy her mix of witty writing and serious discussion as she deals with starting her own business, family life and special educational needs. Getting this award has been a lovely boost, particularly with all the challenges I’ve been experiencing recently so thank you RP. I accept the award graciously.
But to accept this award, I have to abide by the following rules:
- Thank the blogger who has awarded you and link back to them.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award along to 15 other newly discovered blogs.
Sounds easier enough doesn’t it but actually it wasn’t. To find 7 ‘interesting’ things about myself was quite a challenge so much so that I even asked my husband for some input only to be greeted by silence! Am I that boring? Nevertheless not one to be defeated by a challenge I set to and wrote this.
- My husband proposed to me on a Yugoslavian beach before the outbreak of the wars in Yugoslavia in the 1990′s.
- I can’t stand washing lettuce and will always find someone else to do it; a problem I have had since childhood.
- Many years ago during a touring holiday to Italy a pigeon pooped on my head whilst I was visiting St Marks Square in Venice. One of the most sophisticated squares in Italy and a bird poos on my head? Its not a good look when you are a young, self conscious woman surrounded by elegant Italians.
- I spent 3 weeks as a Brownie. Being forced to wear a brown bobble hat and being forced to knit put me off and I left, never to return until my own daughter joined many years later.
- I have a social sciences degree (mainly in politics). Honestly politics is a lot more exciting to study than many people realise. It isn’t just about political parties (which I find a bit boring as well) but its also about things like power, democracy, equality and identity. I loved it.
- I used to be deaf as a child and everyone assumed I was stupid but then they found out that I was lipreading. An operation gave most of my hearing back but I still struggle sometimes with people who don’t speak clearly.
- I love listening to music; whether it is classical, chill or pop. I embarrass my children by enjoying their music, I embarrass them even more when I dance to it. They don’t think I should share the same taste in music as them but hey ho I do.
And here are my 15 bloggers to whom I pass this award on to. Some are very new bloggers that I have recently discovered, others less new, but all offer diversity and talent to the blogosphere.