The Versatile Blogger award

I have received The Versatile Blogger award from one of my favourite bloggers, The Rambling Pages.  I have been following Rambling Pages for many months now and really enjoy her mix of witty writing and serious discussion as  she deals with starting her own business, family life and special educational needs.  Getting this award has been a lovely boost, particularly with all the challenges I’ve been experiencing recently so thank you RP.  I accept the award graciously.

But to accept this award, I have to abide by the  following rules:

1. Thank the blogger who has awarded you and link back to them.
  2. Share 7 things about yourself.
  3. Pass the award along to 15 other newly discovered blogs.

Sounds easier enough doesn’t it but actually it wasn’t.  To find 7 ‘interesting’ things about myself was quite a challenge so much so that  I even asked my husband for some input only to be greeted by silence!  Am I that boring?  Nevertheless not one to be defeated by a challenge I set to and wrote this.

1. My husband proposed to me on a Yugoslavian beach before the outbreak of the wars in Yugoslavia in the 1990′s.
  2. I can’t stand washing lettuce and will always find someone else to do it; a problem I have had since childhood.
  3. Many years ago during a touring holiday to Italy a pigeon pooped on my head whilst I was visiting St Marks Square in Venice.  One of the most sophisticated squares in Italy and  a bird poos on my head?  Its not a good look when you are a young, self conscious woman surrounded by elegant Italians.
  4. I spent 3 weeks as  a Brownie.  Being forced to wear a brown bobble hat and being forced to knit put me off and I left, never to return until my own daughter joined many years later.
  5. I have a social sciences degree (mainly in politics).  Honestly politics is a lot more exciting to study than many people realise.  It isn’t just about political parties (which I find a bit boring as well) but its also about things like power, democracy, equality and identity.  I loved it.
  6. I used to be deaf as a child and everyone assumed I was stupid but then they found out that I was lipreading.  An operation gave most of my hearing back but I still struggle sometimes with people who don’t speak clearly.
  7. I love listening to music; whether it is classical, chill or pop.  I embarrass my children by enjoying their music, I embarrass them even more when I dance to it.  They don’t think I should share the same taste in music as them but hey ho I do.

And here are my 15 bloggers to whom I pass this award on to.  Some are very new bloggers that I have recently discovered, others less new, but all offer diversity and talent to the blogosphere.

Magic Car Pit Ride

JuliesMum

Daniel’s Diary

Chez Maximka

Being of Sound Mind

Apples and Autobots

Four Sea Stars

Its a crazy world

Jazzygal

Whatever works

Little fella and us

Looking for blue sky

Missy B and family

Rainbow over the wall

Steph’s diary of family life with autism

This entry was posted in Linkies/memes and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The Versatile Blogger award

1. Lucy says:

You really deserve this award, your writing is so clear, intelligent and thoughtful.

I am delighted to be included in your list, however, after careful consideration I have decided I wouldn’t be able to find 15 blogs to recommend.

You see, most my favourite bloggers already have this award, the others, I would pass it on to wouldn’t accept it as I have read previous posts where they have declined such awards.

I hope this doesn’t seem ungrateful, because I am incredibly pleased other people read my blog and feel it is worthy of a mention.

Thanks again, and I really enjoyed your facts – I love hearing more about people’s lives.

Lucy x

Hi Lucy. You’re not being ungrateful at all. I don’t mind if those I recommend don’t want to take it up – I also found it hard to find 15 blogs; it would be much easier if we could only recommend about 5. TBH I never know whether to do awards or linkies or not so I’m trying these things out at the moment to see if they work on my blog. Deb x

2. Jazzygal says:

Thanks SO much for this award Deb, it means a lot to me:-) As I’ve said I did receive it before but I feel truly honoured that you chose to bestow it on me now! Sorry for delay in popping over, I’ve been in a bit of a blogging limbo this week…..

BTW, it’s only as I get older that I’m getting into all things politics, when I was in my twenties I was far too busy dancing in shows to care!!

xx Jazzy

I’ve always been into politics, ever since my teenage years. Think I got it from my grandfather who had a keen interest in economics and politics and would always talk about it. A very intelligent man who I often wonder what he would have become if he had had a university education. Deb x

Thanks so much for the award and great that you got it. I love reading more about other bloggers :) I started off doing a social science degree of which politics was part, but I was steeped in it from very young and am still very active :)

I thought you were still active in politics by reading some of your posts and tweets. I’m all for political engagement; even more important at the moment with the threats to us and our special needs children. I think I ought to indulge a bit more and write some political posts – you’ve got me thinking now. Deb x

4. theramblingpages says:

Well thank you so much for your kind words, nothing like a little boost like that! I was alwasy told that a bird pooing on your head, no matter how unattractive it was, was meant to mean good luck!

I wonder where that myth came from about bird poo on your head. It actually happened to me the other day in the garden; a big dollop landed on my head whilst I was having a cup of tea. Luckily it missed the tea! Maybe that was the luck. Deb

5. MrsBellers says:

Well done on getting the award!