Scottish Mum has started a tag on 5 things that make you feel good. So I thought I would join in. Not only will it help you to find out a bit more about me but it will also challenge me to think positively about myself. And it is a challenge because the last few years have taken their toll on me. You see, since becoming a mother, particularly of special needs children, I have gradually become out of touch with the woman I once was before I became ‘mum’. Advocating for my son and fighting the system has left me tired and lacking in confidence. I think this is all too common so Scottish Mum’s challenge is a reminder to us all who parent or care for someone to take some time out and think about ourselves. And asking ourselves to think about 5 things that make us feel good is a start, don’t you think? So, here’s my list.
- I like my blonde hair. I am just over 40 and it is still blonde with no signs of identifiable grey.
- Music makes me feel good. I am always listening to music which can include pop music, chill music, classical and 80’s music. When no-one is looking, I dance in the kitchen to the radio. When my teenage daughter caught me out the other day, you should have seen the look of horror on her face. It doesn’t stop me though, I still dance when I am cooking the tea.
- My blog makes me feel good. To be able to write about my experiences and share them with YOU makes me feel good. I love reading other peoples blogs too.
- Getting a degree and attending my graduation ceremony made me feel very good.
- Doing pilates makes me feel good. This is my one night off a week where I escape motherhood, family, special needs and autism. It is time to be me, stretch my limbs, relax and be with my pilates friends.
So there you go, a bit about me. Now are you going to have a go?